There's recently been this discussion on whether i should go for this tuition centre that costs around $500.
I remember the decision i made when going into JC. I wouldn't go for tuition. Yet, now i am forced to back down. By my poor results, and my mom.
She thinks that the solution to everything is tuition. If you aren't doing well, just go for tuition and everything will become magically alright.
Sure, i have seen the success of tuition. My english is sustainable because of 6 years at The Learning Lab. I got a distinction for physics because i went for tuition. One of my classmates got an A for the recent chemistry test that i failed probably because of tuition.
Her rationale is that i am too lazy to study at home so she just inundates me with these classes, with hope that i will do well. Not that i am blaming her for that. I am appreciative of her goodwill. My friends' parents do not allow them to join that class as it is too expensive, yet she is the one raring for me to join the class.
I really have no clue what i should do. Perhaps i am really lazy. I need that extra help to do well. Yet, if i do that how can i gain independence? By relying on other people and my parents' hard earned money, how will i learn to support myself in the future. I want to try to rely on my own hard work to get the grades i want. However, maybe tuition is just what i need. I'm just stressing myself out with this. If only she could just trust me with this.
No comments:
Post a Comment