Wednesday, February 16, 2011

CCAs

Which CCA to join? Its been runnning through my mind since yesterday.

Basketball- Throughout the training i was thinking, "please just let me off, i dont want to do this anymore". Yeah, that was how bad it was. I could barely breathe and finally had to resort to walking. I seriously thought at that time, that i would collapse. Yet, the pressure was on not to be the last. To keep running. To catch up to the others who were miles away. Now, my muscles are super sore. Its called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness(DOMS). Can check google if you dont know what it means. Now, both my legs ache. I can barely make it down stairs and it hurts even when walking. My feet feel like they are slightly sprained and i had a blister, which burst like while i was running. I really do love the sport. I want to join it. However, if it means killing myself or causing my studies to suffer, i'd rather not. Then again, do i back away from every challenge that comes my way? Somehow, deep inside me, i know that that just isnt my style. Which is why i have not totally rejected it yet.

Interact and Entree Council- It really sounds great- embarking on your own projects. However, I feel that it is kind of inadequate. Like just in my comfort zone. I want to do something that will challenge me further, make me learn something instead of just cruising along like in secondary and primary school. I am really interested in these two CCAs though...

First Aid Club- Well, first of all, i dont like first aid that much. Even in RC, i prefer Footdrill a lot more. So maybe not. However, its only one hour... Is it worth it to join just to place on my resume and endure the lessons again?

Table Tennis- When i got the sms that i'd gotten in, i was just like wth??? It was my first training and i just practiced with charissa and carolyn and charissa's friend, who is super super good. Like obviously, i couldnt even play! Carolyn and Charissa's friend were the Pros and i was just there to try out FOR FUN. I mean, i think its cool but im just not into it like bball you know, although i could probably adapt and enjoy it after awhile, but... Yeah well, anyways, when i told them, they were just like staring at me with their mouths agape. Haha even the guy in my OG was like are you sure??? I srsly think they made a mistake. Haha. I didnt even know the rules when i got there. The guy was nice though. He was patiently teaching us how to play and all even when i was so bad at it... I rejected the person and she was like asking me to reconsider and then my feelings part made it so difficult to say no again. Sigh. So much for being able to tell friends u hate them (jokingly ofcourse) but not being able to reject a stranger. Sigh.

So Sian. Another day without studying again. What is wrong with me??? I hv only done like 2 physics questions since 5pm. LOLs. Oh yeah do i look like a nerd or sth? why does everyone give me the "are you serious" face when i tell them i am going to join bball then say that i just dont seem like the athletic type. -.- Maybe i should just join the Science and Math Council. Haha.

No comments: