Thursday, April 1, 2010

Today was a fairytale (NOT)

Yeah the title says it all.

Seriously, i was really disappointed. First was because of Amath test, then Red Cross. I actually thought that i could do it without much studying. I was wrong, as usual. I hope i don't score too badly, especially since Amath is one of the only subjects i seem to be able to do, usually.

During dinner, i wondered, was i being too harsh with them? Was it really their fault? Should i have been more understanding towards them? After all, three tests in one day wasn't a joke. However, the fact that they were told two weeks ago eroded away most of the sympathy i had for them. In fact, what i'm most disturbed about is the fact that they lied to me. I have no idea why they would do such a thing. It's not as if studying is a bad thing. It's not like i'm publicly condemning anyone here. This is just how i feel right now. Charissa and i put in so much effort trying to make it at least interesting for them and it just ends badly everytime. Don't get me wrong. They are a really great batch when you get to know them. I enjoy teaching them very much. That's probably why this hurts me so much.

Pris told me that i was being too lenient, too nice to them. I just didn't want them to feel as if Red Cross was a bore, like how i heard that some of them were openly sleeping during class, despite our attempt to make it fun. I don't know whether that was true since i didn't really see anyone doing that. Should i be sstricter with them? stop cutting corners and letting them off for their mistakes, thinking that it was their first time and they didn't know better. Maybe i was too naive. Maybe i heard wrongly. Maybe it really was my mistake. I have no clue. All i know is that the dull sinking feeling i feel right now. I hope it doesn't repeat itself again.

P.S. No offense to anybody. It's just a way to destress.:)

No comments: